KUNST, CULTUUR EN MYTHOLOGIE

KUNST, CULTUUR, MYTHOLOGIE
OMLIJST DOOR MUZIEK

maandag 21 januari 2013

HANGED


 




 

By morning light they came to take me away
Their banners swaying in the wind
Out in the rain they dragged me onto the castle yard
I could hear the mocking of the crowd

If only I could I would go back in time
Then I would undo what I've done

The priest gave me my last rites my final sip of wine
Right before my pending end
A growing fear of dying spreading in my soul
Hell or heaven be my guide

With a noose around my neck and with tears in my eyes
I repented the sins of my past

[Chorus:]
Down to the gallows at the end of a rope
I will die as a sinner I'm going
Down to the gallows where so many have died
By the hands of the hangman

They came down the mountains they came down the hills
To see me draw my final breath
Over the rivers over the moors
To see the madman laid to rest

If only I could I would go back in time
Then I would undo what I've done

[Repeat chorus]

The pilgrims riddle is so hard to solve
The answer determines your rise or your fall
Heaven or hell the riddle is for all

The devils dance in brimstone and fire
The angels sing a beckoning call
Heaven or hell the riddle is for all

With a noose around my neck and with tears in my eyes
I repented the sins of my past

[Repeat chorus]





Put your arms around my neck
just like a pathetic lace of death
displays like a tarot deck
I am the card of the hanged man

and here I stand
with a flame on my hand
do you understand?

If there is hope for me
she is flirting with the breeze
on a peculiar choreography
with the dead arms of some old southern tree

silently, lips sealed against me
silently, wanna walk with me?

And it makes you wanna know
if in all the stories the
truth is really told

And it makes you wanna reborn
and like a snake crawl every warm season
Into a different form

When you can still kill me,
when you can still cure me. Cure me.

Put your lace around my face
just like a fairytale
through the blank of my closed eyes
you can foresee the rope within

And it makes you wanna know
how deep have you truly flown

And it makes you wanna ride
through the fake suicide of someone
already dead inside

Still you walk with me, silently

and it makes you wanna disclaim
something you had really never learnt

and it makes you wanna stay
forever tangled in the pale
arms of some hanged man

Here I stand. To understand.
Violently. I have you with me.






stopped in the crossroads of my life 
wrapped in the world of eternal strife 
I’m looking for the meaning of the universe 
searching in myself melody 
to drive me to the harmony 
I’m hung from my right ankle 
but I can see the truth 

bridge 

the secret of the alchemy 
rests in my crossed leg dark mystery 
what is the price of my soul’s crack? 
that one which ties my hands in my back 

chorus 

in my way to the knowledge 
I chose the road of sacrifice 
I will be fey of secret things 
I’ll see the other paradise 
I’m head-down 
since life began 
the hanged man 
the time drowns 
smiles Satan 
the hanged man 
it’s the time to understand 
why my clock stop the sand? 
my will is the only force 
that governs my fate 
no religions, no beliefs 
if I read the overleaf 
of the life book just than 
I will see the god’s face 

bridge 

chorus 

choir 

since life began 
the hanged man 
is seeing head-down 
how the time drowns 
what is the price of my soul’s crack? 
that one which ties my hands 
in my back 

chorus






Sister, do not pray for me
There is no forgivneess here
Just the longest, darkest night
And my peoples end

Brother, many a crooked day we spent
Telling tales and making myths
Sharpening our tongues for the final fight
Yet doing little but growing old

I was never a religious man
So why should I put my faith in you?
You burned your bridges a long time ago
I'm a heathen, searching for his soul

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten